Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

February Poker Night

OK 2 weeks have passed since the biggest bullshit game I have ever played in. I was as my cousin-in-law said "playing perfectly". Not making any bad decisions and slowly working my way into a money slot. Then one hand changed everything. One of the players we will call him "The Gambler" played in a pot that my brother-in-law "The Riverer" and myself was involved in. I was in the big blind and both of them just called so I checked my 6,7 suited, the flop came K,7,K. It went check all around to the Gambler, who raised 20G at that point I called him out and said "I know you are BLUFFING", but with my luck I did not want to risk getting rivered so I folded thinking he would take the pot. Not even noticing that The Riverer was still in the hand he goes all in with this last 30 or 40k. now taking into consideration that The Riverer had been playing very tight all night and folded a lot of hands you would think anybody with even the basic of skills would have folded if they were really bluffing, but to the tables surprise The Gambler call the all in. WELL, The Gambler turns over 10, 9 off and The Riverer turns over K, 7. Riverer flopped a full boat and the Gambler doubled him up.

So now that the Gambler has doubled up he has become a player in the tournment. Before that I had like 300K and he had like 60K with 4 people playing and the blinds at 10 & 20K it was just a matter of time before he would get blinded out. BUT now he was a player that could threaten the other players. About 5-6 hands later I get pocket 6s in the big blind he is in the small blind and calls. I raise 50K he calls flop comes 5,5,3 and he checks. I raise another 50K and he calls, turn is a 5 giving me a full boat. I noticed he only had like 50K left so I put him all in think he is going to fold. He called and turns over K,4 (I am thinking to myself what was he thinking) and needs a K and a K only to beat me. The river comes and sure as FUCKING SHIT it is a K. So I double him up to like 200K and I am fucking steaming but not bad enough to start making bad decisions. So about 8 hands later I am down to about 110- 150K realizing that I am getting shit cards and I went from the chip leader to a player that is about to get blinded out of the game. When I am big blind and get dealt K,4 and everyone folded except the Riverer called because he was small blind so I knock the table and we are off to the flop. Flop comes 9,9,4 and the Riverer in his usual faction checks it to me. I in-turn (thinking if he had anything he would have raised)went all in. To my SURPRISE he FUCKING CALLED ME. The first think I say to him even before he flipped over his " you got the 9 right?" he says "no, K,8" and again I am FUCKING THINKING to myself "what the was he thinking calling me". NOW had I realized then what I FUCKING know now (that I am the most unluckest FUCK on the planet) his call would have made perfect sense. Because yes as you guessed it my Brother-in-law aka The Riverer catches a FUCKING 8 at the river to knock me out of my own tournment, NO MONEY AGAIN.

If I was not there I would have not believed it but it really happened, and what makes this story really bad is that it happened to me and not someone else. Until next time, oh one more note I forgot to mention: this was the first time The Riverer ever played in a live structured Texas holdem poker tournment, and he went on to win the whole thing.

Comments:
Ohhhhh gawd poker makes me so hot....

What? Oh...it's not Poke HER?? uhh..never mind!!!

;)
 
You need to pay $2 to that bad beat story telling table on your way out the door.
 
If you can't stand the heat, big man... then move to Arizona. hahahaha ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?