Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

The Smoking Thing

OK, I am totally beside myself. I finally did it, I finally quit smoking. I quit cold turkey on June 1st 2006. After 13 years of my girlfriend now wife nagging me all the fucking time, "when are you going to quit", "when are you going to quit", "I am really worried about you". I finally quit smoking for the good of my health first and for most. The other reasons were so I would not have to hear the nagging, and not just from her. From my family, co-workers, friends, people I deal with as part of my job. So as not to jinx myself I did not want to announce to the world that I quit the moment I decided to just in case I started up again. I figured I would give myself a week or two before I started telling everyone. My thought was my wife was going to notice within the first 2 or 3 days, and then the cat would be out of the bag. To my surprise my wife did not notice with in 2 or 3 days. In FACT she finally figured it out 2 Saturdays ago when we were on the cruise. She went a whole month and a day before it dawned on her. And even then she asked me in question format, "honey, did you quit smoking?". Not, "honey, I can't believe it took me this long to realize you quit smoking I am so proud of you, we have to celebrate tonight with no holds bared". That would have at least been worth not telling her. In fact none of my family have notice yet either, and there as been over 4 family get togathers, and we have spent a bunch of time over the houses Individually. The only person that noticed pretty much right away was Sue from my job, but she said she did not want to say anything as to not bring up or talk about it because it is a hard thing to do. To other friends/co-workers have notice, frank, and Tom and that's it. it has been over 6 weeks and still none of my family as figured it out. All the fucking bitching, moaning, and nagging and it took over 4 weeks for my wife to even figure it out. It just goes to show you that no matter how much you significant other says something is bothering them. Most likely they are just nagging about it because they can and not because it is really bothering them. When I would smoke in the car with the window opened and the tip of the cigarette sticking out of the window, my wife would start coughing like crazy and tell me its the cigarette. Or how about went we were on the couch watching a movie setting side by side and she would bitch about the smoke, or how she would say that all her cloths smell like smoke. Since I quit she has not even noticed that the quote, unquote smell is not in her cloths anymore or when we kiss she did not say you don't taste like cigarettes. Its all bullshit, it was just an act to piss me off and nag me about the smoking.

P.S. I still do not smoke nor do I plan to start again I just thought it was an eye opener to my wife's bitching and nagging.

Comments:
First off....Congratulations for quitting smoking!! I KNOW how hard it is...I quit almost 4 years ago!! Good for you!

Secondly, I think it would be a hoot to sit down with you and pound a few beers (or whatever)and compare notes on our spouses....it sounds like we are married to twins....lol

Im sorry she didn't notice right away. That sucks considering it was such a big deal that you quit. :(
 
Maybe you should quit the blog and give her that beating.
 
beating, Pink?? Is that your way of saying "spanking"?? Two TOTALLY different connotations!! Beating = NO!!!,...Spanking = oh yeah baby!!
 
:)
 
PINK you are you right. that was great i am seriously thinking about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?