Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

The (UN) Social capped Crusader Strikes Again

As I stated in my post about my wife claiming to be a very social person (see "ok I am back)as struck again. I am calling her the "Social capped Crusader" because every time I want to plan something she is right there to crusader for its demise. Yesterday as I was in the process of setting up the volleyball net in the rain for this weekend I mentioned to her that I was thinking if having a party on the 5th of August. Now this is something I had told her about WAY BACK in Feb., or Mar., but now that the time is near and the details have to be thought out. I thought I would mention it to her and get her feedback on what she wanted to do. STUPID ME, not realizing she had changed into her "Social capped Crusader" mode, attacked with multiple shells of doubt and despair about the party. Oh one thing I forgot to mention is: we are having a party this weekend for my mother's birthday, let me repeat WE ARE HAVING A PARTY FOR MY MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY. Which, when I mentioned the party on the 5th of Aug. She said and I quote "but you are have a party this weekend", for what ever reason the Social capped Crusader thinks having a party for my mother's birthday let me repeat MY MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY is the same thing as having a summer party with your friends and close co-workers. That was the first thing out of her mouth. The second was "WHY????", the third was "well, how many people are you inviting?" and my responses were because I want to have one, and I did not get that far yet, but what does it matter.

(What everyone who is reading this has to understand is, I don't know that many people in the first fucking place. Even if I invited everyone I considered a friend and would want to be at the party, there would only be 50 to 60 people, and that number includes about 22 kids with ages from 6 months to 10 years old. Take into consideration that normally you have between 20 to 30 percent that RSVP that they cant make it for whatever reasons, that leaves 42 people total with kids. I also know that unfortunately my cousin maybe away the week, and there are 5 people in his family, my other friend will be on his honeymoon that's another 3, my other friend just had knee surgery and most likely won't make it that's another 3, my brother-in-law will be out on his boat that's another 2, my niece and her future husband will be working on their house that's another 2, and I can think of 2 families that even if I invite them probably would not come because of the amount of kids they have that's another 10. So how many does that make total 27 people out of 60 and I have not even set anything in stone yea, and I am down half of the total number of people)

so I told the Social capped Crusader that I did not want to talk about it any more and I just wanted to finish putting up the net for volleyball court. We were in the garage at the time I brought the whole Aug. 12 party thing in the first place. So she went in the house and I finished putting up the net. I came inside and started cooking diner for myself it was about 7PM at this point. Since I got home at 5PM I ran to Sears to get hardware for the net and I got 4 bags of weed and feed for the grass, can back from Sears and put down the weed & feed, mounted the hardware onto the poles for the net, set up the net with the rest of the hardware, and installed the net to its proper height. Ok, so back to cooking myself diner in the kitchen, she comes in and starts the nagging once more, and she is saying things like: "we spent a lot of money over the last few months and I don't know if we could afford to have it", and "why are you yelling at me", oh, and my personal favorite (David Lettermann's top 10 list is going off in my head, "here are the top 10 reasons Steve should not have a party on Aug. 12", and the NUMBER ONE REASON IS: "what happens if it rains" DA DAT DAE DA DA DA DA DADADADA, tonight on the program we have Bruce Willis, and Katie Holmes.
why am I yelling will I don't know "BOB" lets see maybe because I told you I did not want to talk about it anymore and you came back in the kitchen to crusade some more about why I want to have it, or maybe its because you say something like we may not be able to afford it because of the money we spent over the last few months, but YET we just got back Saturday the 8th from a 3K cruise. If money was tight why the hell did we go on vacation? Maybe because you wanted to, I would have been fine spending the week in our backyard in our NEW pool, but no someone want to go away. Since it was you and not me that wanted to go away we COULD afford it, but now we can't afford hamburgers, hot dogs, soda, and beer for a party at our house. Even when you know that everyone is going to ask what can they bring. But maybe, just maybe, it's because I am so amazed at the stupid shit you would say to me just to try and convince me not to have a party like: "what happens if it rains" like you except me to be able to forecast the weather over 4 weeks in advance. I have news for you honey the fucking weather people can't even forecast the fucking weather 2 days in advance, and you want four weeks out of me!
so I could not take it anymore and had to walk away before I grabbed a pack of smokes and started chain smoking the rest of the night. Did I mention I quit smoking on June 1st 2006, but that is a whole other story (see above).So I look forward to your comments and your feedback on this one. Is my wife a social person or is she the killer of fun and happiness? The destroyer of backyard fun, IS SHE: THE SUMMER PARTY KILLER!!!!!!!!

Please cast your vote now?????

Comments:
Ok....I agree with you....but then I am a social person, and I, too, LOVE to have parties and love to plan the shit of out it. My husband is sooooo like your wife...lol HOWEVER< in defense of your wife ('cause, I am woman and we MUST stand up for each other..hehe) I dont think it is because she doesn't WANT to have the party but because maybe she just wants everything to be perfect for when you DO have a party?? Women have a dendency to overanalyze situations. (Yeah..no shit eh? lol) I am sure that she has a great time once the party is going on. Maybe tell her that YOU will do all the preparations and cooking and everything. That does not mean jsut setting up the volleyball net and cleaning the pool but doing some food preps also. (My husband is notorious for doing "the pool and other outside stuff" for a party...wtf?? Help me in the fucking house!! lol) That is the bullshit stuff that most of us women dread most. No one wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day. *whew* Ok..sooooo there, that is my opinion for what it's worth. Plan the party...she will come around.
Of course...buying her something nice will help, too!! ;)

BTW...when should I expect my invitation to the party??? lol I will be on the lookout! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?